We’re excited to help our residents safely reunite with their families through our secure indoor visitation policy - beginning March 8, 2021. For now, we are requiring a maximum of 2 guests per visit (aged 18+). Please see the steps below to coordinate your visit to our community.
Step 1: Visitation Decision Tree
Please refer to the decision tree below to ensure you qualify for a safe visitation to our community.
Step 2: Review and complete these 3 forms and bring with you for your visit. Click the link to print.
Step 3: Review Visitation Guidelines below
SCHEDULING OF VISITS: All visits at Kingston Residence of Hickory will need to be scheduled. Please call 1-828-327-9955, Kim Barrier, 9am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to schedule your visit or schedule on-line by clicking here.
VISITING HOURS: Monday and Wednesday (9:00 AM, 10:00 AM) , Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (9:00 AM-10:00 AM) Visiting times are subject to change and appointment availability will be listed on Kingston Scheduling tool.
FREQUENCY OF VISITS: Visits will begin slowly and increase with time. To begin, we are asking that you not schedule more than 1 visit, every week.
VISITING AREA ENTRANCE Back Entrance with Awning PARKING: Back Parking lot
VISIT LENGTH: Each visitor will be required to follow a visitation time limit of 30 minutes. Time requirements are necessary to allow for sanitation of visiting areas and accommodation of visitation for all residents and guests.
NUMBER OF VISITORS: Limit of 2 assigned visitors per resident, per visit
VISITOR ARRIVAL: Any special instructions for visitor
Please arrive 10 minutes early and wait in your vehicle. Staff will come to you and ensure complete assessment.
Please plan too:
1. Drive to back of building, park and wait under awning, until granted entrance.
2. All visitors are required to have COVID screening and temperature check before visitor approval. Please have Visitor Guideline Consent, Waiver, and health screen filled out prior to visit. Staff will review with you and seat you after approved for visitation.
3. You will be given a new medical grade (paper) face-mask and required wear face mask throughout visit)
4. Staff will bring your loved one to visiting area. (6ft social distancing is required)
5. Please use hand sanitizer supplied at the entrance.
Visit will be timed and according to schedule
6. While providing as much privacy as possible, visits will supervised to ensure compliance with CORE PRINCIPLES of Infection Control.
7. Once visit has concluded, please use hand sanitizer and exit the facility
8. There should be no walking into resident care areas.
9. Plan to monitor self for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 and report any onset of COVID like symptoms within 2 days of any visit to facility management.
Please be aware we do not have public facilities available to visitors; therefore, please use restroom prior to visit/arrival.