Kingston Care Center of Sylvania Visitation Guidelines & Scheduling
We are excited to help our residents safely visit with their families through our secure visitation policy. As our regulations allow, we will continue to adjust our policies accordingly. To maintain the safety and comfort of all, we recommend 2 persons visit a resident at a time, although there may be circumstances that more are able to visit safely.
Visitors must be of an age to understand and follow all guidelines. Please see the steps below to coordinate your visit to our community.
Step 1: Agree to follow all Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention as follows:
- All visitors will be screened. Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, will be unable to visit if they have:
- current SARS-CoV-2 infection
- prolonged close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with SARS-CoV-2 infection in the prior 14 days or have otherwise met criteria for quarantine.
- Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a facemask while in the facility and during the visit. *For the fully vaccinated resident & visitor: due to the highly contagious Delta variant, even if both the visitor and the resident are fully vaccinated, wearing of facemasks by both resident and visitor is requested. However, if visiting outdoors and socially distanced, masks may be removed.
- Hand hygiene should be performed by the patient/resident and the visitors before and after contact.
- Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, should socially distance (maintaining at least 6 feet between people) from other patients/residents, visitors that are not part of their group, and facility employees. *For the fully vaccinated resident & visitor: due to the highly contagious Delta variant, even if both the visitor and the resident are fully vaccinated, while alone in the patient/resident’s room or the designated visitation area, patients/residents and their visitor(s) can choose to have close contact (including touch) but wearing of facemasks are still requested unless visiting outdoors and socially distanced.
- Compassionate Care Visits with residents in quarantine/transmission-based precautions will require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as facemask, gown and gloves when visiting the resident.
Step 2: VISITING HOURS: Normal visiting hours are between 9am and 7pm. If you need to visit outside of these hours, you may schedule to do so by calling the facility between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday through Friday.
VISITOR ARRIVAL: All visitors will be screened upon arrival. If you have a scheduled visit, please plan to arrive 10 minutes early.
Please wear a face mask into the facility. All visitors will be given a new medical mask to wear during the visit. Facemask must cover both nose & mouth.
- Please use hand sanitizer/perform hand hygiene at the entrance area.
- Complete the VISITOR COVID-19 SCREENING, WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Present vaccination card if you are vaccinated.
- Obtain Visitor Tag
- Staff will guide you to the visiting area or resident room.
- Visitors should not move about the facility outside of the visiting area.
- Once visit has concluded, please use hand sanitizer, and exit promptly to your vehicle.